Gledelige nyheter fra Luxembourg

Svar
Boccherini

Gledelige nyheter fra Luxembourg

Legg inn av Boccherini »

Ikke overraskende, men Polen og Ungarn fikk ikke medhold i EU-domstolen.

EU står dermed fritt, som seg hør og bør, til å kutte i overføringene til medlemsland som ikke overholder demokratiske prinsipper.

Vi får dermed håpe på en mer human utvikling også i Polen og Ungarn den kommende tiden, og at man etterhvert kan få et oppegående styre i de to landene, i stedet for neandertalerne som regjerer nå.

Brukeravatar
newsflash

Legg inn av newsflash »

Boccherini skrev: tor feb 17, 2022 1:59 pm Ikke overraskende, men Polen og Ungarn fikk ikke medhold i EU-domstolen.

EU står dermed fritt, som seg hør og bør, til å kutte i overføringene til medlemsland som ikke overholder demokratiske prinsipper.

Vi får dermed håpe på en mer human utvikling også i Polen og Ungarn den kommende tiden, og at man etterhvert kan få et oppegående styre i de to landene, i stedet for neandertalerne som regjerer nå.
Du fremstiller det vel bombastisk og lite nyansert. Her står det bedre forklart:

"In order to make the EU’s new authority legally bulletproof and politically acceptable, officials crafted the regulation relatively narrowly. It only applies to rule-of-law violations that threaten European taxpayers’ money — the official language is a violation that affects, or could risk affecting, the EU budget in a “sufficiently direct way.”

Essentially, that means the power is likely better suited for combating financial fraud, such as a government corruptly awarding EU money to loyalists, than it is for upholding democratic norms like LGTBQ+ rights or media freedom.

Other problems which “may” indicate a rule-of-law breach include eroding judicial independence or failing to prevent unlawful decisions by public authorities, according to the regulation."

Videre heter det:

"As for how much money a country might lose, that remains an open question. The regulation outlining the EU’s power only notes that an action must be “proportionate,” based on how much the EU’s finances are being threatened."

Link

Så får vi se, tviler sterkt Brüssel innleder noe før etter valget i Ungarn, vil ikke akkurat svekke Orban dersom EU forsøker seg på noe nå.

Boccherini

Legg inn av Boccherini »

newsflash skrev: tor feb 17, 2022 4:47 pm
Så får vi se, tviler sterkt Brüssel innleder noe før etter valget i Ungarn, vil ikke akkurat svekke Orban dersom EU forsøker seg på noe nå.
Det viktige her er at føydalherrene i Warszawa og Budapest ikke vant frem og forhåpentligvis nå innser at det er på tide å innrette seg etter en moderne tidsregning i stedet for middelalderen.

Forøvrig, om du hadde tatt deg bryet med å lese din egen artikkel, så ville du fått med deg at man allerede har sendt henvendelser til både Polen og Ungarn:

"In the letter to Budapest, the Commission described systemic problems and lack of accountability for corruption in Hungary, posing 16 specific questions to the Hungarian authorities on issues such as conflicts of interest, who benefits from EU funding, and how judicial review by independent courts is guaranteed.

The Commission pointed out that the bloc’s anti-fraud office, OLAF, found that in the period 2016 to 2020, Hungary’s financial recommendations in the areas of regional development and agriculture were “almost eight times the EU average."

It also raised concerns that “on a number of occasions in recent years, Hungary withdrew a large amount of irregular projects or expenditure from Union funding following Commission’s services audits and OLAF investigations” while continuing to finance these projects with national funding, a move that has a “negative impact on the deterrent effect of Commission controls and audits, and of OLAF investigations given the frequency of such practices.”

In a nod to concerns that Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s close friends and family members are given a large portion of Hungary’s EU funding, the Commission asked the Hungarian authorities to “indicate the amounts from Union funds that were used to finance projects in the Lake Balaton area” and “provide the list of the ten groups of physical persons or undertakings receiving the highest share of EU area-related direct payments from the Union Common Agricultural Policy in Hungary.”

"In the letter addressed to Warsaw, the Commission expressed its concerns with the lack of independence of judges and the lack of effectiveness and impartiality of the prosecution service, as well as with the latest ruling from Poland’s Constitutional Tribunal, which said the Polish Constitution takes precedence over some of the key provisions of the EU law.

According to Brussels, the contested judiciary reforms carried by Poland’s conservative Law and Justice Party government “could affect the effectiveness and impartiality of the judicial proceedings on cases related to the irregularities in the management of the Union funds, creating a risk to the protection of the financial interests of the European Union."

The Commission stressed that “endangering the independence of the judiciary may be indicative of a breach of the principles of the rule of law.”

Brukeravatar
newsflash

Legg inn av newsflash »

Boccherini skrev: fre feb 18, 2022 1:47 pm Det viktige her er at føydalherrene i Warszawa og Budapest ikke vant frem og forhåpentligvis nå innser at det er på tide å innrette seg etter en moderne tidsregning i stedet for middelalderen.

Forøvrig, om du hadde tatt deg bryet med å lese din egen artikkel, så ville du fått med deg at man allerede har sendt henvendelser til både Polen og Ungarn:

"In the letter to Budapest, the Commission described systemic problems and lack of accountability for corruption in Hungary, posing 16 specific questions to the Hungarian authorities on issues such as conflicts of interest, who benefits from EU funding, and how judicial review by independent courts is guaranteed.

The Commission pointed out that the bloc’s anti-fraud office, OLAF, found that in the period 2016 to 2020, Hungary’s financial recommendations in the areas of regional development and agriculture were “almost eight times the EU average."

It also raised concerns that “on a number of occasions in recent years, Hungary withdrew a large amount of irregular projects or expenditure from Union funding following Commission’s services audits and OLAF investigations” while continuing to finance these projects with national funding, a move that has a “negative impact on the deterrent effect of Commission controls and audits, and of OLAF investigations given the frequency of such practices.”

In a nod to concerns that Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s close friends and family members are given a large portion of Hungary’s EU funding, the Commission asked the Hungarian authorities to “indicate the amounts from Union funds that were used to finance projects in the Lake Balaton area” and “provide the list of the ten groups of physical persons or undertakings receiving the highest share of EU area-related direct payments from the Union Common Agricultural Policy in Hungary.”

"In the letter addressed to Warsaw, the Commission expressed its concerns with the lack of independence of judges and the lack of effectiveness and impartiality of the prosecution service, as well as with the latest ruling from Poland’s Constitutional Tribunal, which said the Polish Constitution takes precedence over some of the key provisions of the EU law.

According to Brussels, the contested judiciary reforms carried by Poland’s conservative Law and Justice Party government “could affect the effectiveness and impartiality of the judicial proceedings on cases related to the irregularities in the management of the Union funds, creating a risk to the protection of the financial interests of the European Union."

The Commission stressed that “endangering the independence of the judiciary may be indicative of a breach of the principles of the rule of law.”
Brüssel kan jo sende så mange brev de ønsker. Det er hva som skjer etter det som teller.

Ellers så er det jo for helt forskjellige saker en diskuterer. At EU kan trekke penger i forhold til korrupsjon er korrekt. At de kan trekke penger pga manglende oppfølging av dommer fra EU domstolen er noe helt annet. Noe som var godt forklart i den artikkelen jeg faktisk linket til.

Jeg kan godt gjenta det, da det ser ut som at det falt ut når du siterte:

"In order to make the EU’s new authority legally bulletproof and politically acceptable, officials crafted the regulation relatively narrowly. It only applies to rule-of-law violations that threaten European taxpayers’ money — the official language is a violation that affects, or could risk affecting, the EU budget in a “sufficiently direct way.”

Essentially, that means the power is likely better suited for combating financial fraud, such as a government corruptly awarding EU money to loyalists, than it is for upholding democratic norms like LGTBQ+ rights or media freedom.

Other problems which “may” indicate a rule-of-law breach include eroding judicial independence or failing to prevent unlawful decisions by public authorities, according to the regulation."

Videre heter det:

"As for how much money a country might lose, that remains an open question. The regulation outlining the EU’s power only notes that an action must be “proportionate,” based on how much the EU’s finances are being threatened."

Må vel ta med linken også :)

Boccherini

Legg inn av Boccherini »

newsflash skrev: fre feb 18, 2022 4:52 pm
Brüssel kan jo sende så mange brev de ønsker. Det er hva som skjer etter det som teller.
Gledelig at også du nå innser at det er sluttresultatet som teller.

Jeg vil nok tro at du også her vil få ønsket ditt oppfylt, ettersom von der Leyen er nokså klar på at dommen vil bli fulgt opp i henhold:

"It is up to the European Commission to initially trigger the mechanism. That means the decision ultimately comes down to its president, Ursula von der Leyen.

On Wednesday, von der Leyen was coy about her intentions. The Commission, she said, will “analyze carefully” the ruling before producing “in the following weeks guidelines providing further clarity about how we apply the mechanism in practice.”

But, she vowed, “where the conditions of the Regulation are fulfilled, we will act with determination.

Brukeravatar
newsflash

Legg inn av newsflash »

Boccherini skrev: man feb 21, 2022 9:10 am Gledelig at også du nå innser at det er sluttresultatet som teller.

Jeg vil nok tro at du også her vil få ønsket ditt oppfylt, ettersom von der Leyen er nokså klar på at dommen vil bli fulgt opp i henhold:

"It is up to the European Commission to initially trigger the mechanism. That means the decision ultimately comes down to its president, Ursula von der Leyen.

On Wednesday, von der Leyen was coy about her intentions. The Commission, she said, will “analyze carefully” the ruling before producing “in the following weeks guidelines providing further clarity about how we apply the mechanism in practice.”

But, she vowed, “where the conditions of the Regulation are fulfilled, we will act with determination.
Vel, vi får se. Har null tro på at Brüssel forsøker seg på noe stunt før etter valget i Ungarn.

Og gjør de det, så vil de få svar. Både fra Ungarn og Polen.

Skal bli underholdende.

Boccherini

Legg inn av Boccherini »

newsflash skrev: man feb 21, 2022 9:49 am
Vel, vi får se. Har null tro på at Brüssel forsøker seg på noe stunt før etter valget i Ungarn.
Ikke at det spiller noen stor rolle, men det er vel ingenting som står i veien for å gjøre nettopp det.

At de sedvanlige, nasjonalistiske klagesangene vil komme i retur vil ikke akkurat være noen stor overraskelse, de kommer uansett til å komme med jevne mellomrom så lenge fyrstene i Warszawa og Budapest sitter på tronen.

At økonomiske sanksjoner nå vil finne sted innen kort tid bør derimot være hevet over enhver tvil, så får vi håpe at de blir så strenge at det vil avstedkomme forandring på sikt.

Brukeravatar
newsflash

Legg inn av newsflash »

Boccherini skrev: man feb 21, 2022 11:00 am Ikke at det spiller noen stor rolle, men det er vel ingenting som står i veien for å gjøre nettopp det.

At de sedvanlige, nasjonalistiske klagesangene vil komme i retur vil ikke akkurat være noen stor overraskelse, de kommer uansett til å komme med jevne mellomrom så lenge fyrstene i Warszawa og Budapest sitter på tronen.

At økonomiske sanksjoner nå vil finne sted innen kort tid bør derimot være hevet over enhver tvil, så får vi håpe at de blir så strenge at det vil avstedkomme forandring på sikt.
Vi får se.

Boccherini

Legg inn av Boccherini »

newsflash skrev: man feb 21, 2022 12:19 pm
Vi får se.
Det får vi.

Brukeravatar
newsflash

Legg inn av newsflash »

Boccherini skrev: tir feb 22, 2022 9:04 am Det får vi.
Sannelig, da var valget i Ungarn unnagjort. Og da kommer EU med truslene om kutt i pengestøtten.

Link

Som jeg sa, EU kommer ikke til å forsøke seg på noe som helst før etter valget. Noen teori om hvorfor?

Boccherini

Legg inn av Boccherini »

Gledelige nyheter fra Bruxelles i går.

Den formelle prosessen mot føydalstyret i Budapest er nå omsider iverksatt.

Vi får håpe midlene kuttes til benet og at ungarerne ved neste korsvei velger seg et styre som gjør dem i stand til å følge etter det øvrige, siviliserte Europa.

Svar