Er Gaza fortsatt okkupert av Israel?

Svar
aicat

Er Gaza fortsatt okkupert av Israel?

Legg inn av aicat »

Er Gaza fortsatt okkupert av Israel? MIFF vil klage på Yama Wolasmal (NRK) fordi de mener Wolasmal i en reportasje hevdet at Gaze er under okkupasjon. Ja, hva mener FN, AI, og Israel selv da?
Det er vel faktisk slik at både FN og Amnesty har definert Gaza som fortsatt okkupert. For det er slett ikke nødvendig at en okkupasjonsmakt til enhver tid har bakkestyrker inne i det okkuperte området - så lenge de har full kontroll over området (jamf. Haag IV)

Med hensyn til realitetene i Gaza endret Israels "ensidige" tilbaketrekning i 2005 lite. Området er fremdeles underlagt "belligerent occupation", og en av Israels fremste eksperter på internasjonel rett; Yoram Dinstein* klargjør dette i tre punkter:

1. "Gaza er en del av et større okkupert område".
Jeg tror også Israels regjering mener det. For om det ikke var slik ville IOF ikke kunne utføre militære operasjoner i Gaza på legal (ihht. Genèvekonvensjonen) måte, som f.eks. å overføre barn fra Gaza til fengsler i Israel...mm.
2. "Israel beholdt fremdeles "core ingredients of effective control" over området da de trakk seg ut".
Israel har fortsatt full kontroll med grensene, luft- og sjø-territoriet, over all telekommunikasjon, folkeregisteret mm, overvåking av området med droner (UAVer), jagerfly og satelitter
3. "Israel mener fremdeles de fritt kan sende inn militære styrker 'to make its authority felt' ".
Her beskriver Dinstein også forskjellen mellom "belligerent occupation og invasjon":
"The distinction between belligerent occupation and invasion":.
"Belligerent occupation is innately different from a mere hit-and-run raid by commandos or the passage of flying columns of troops on a reconnaissance mission.184 Indeed, belligerent occupation must not be mixed up even with a full-scale invasion, consisting e.g. of a Blietz campaign by armour formations across a territory. The fact that an invasion is under way does not necessarily connote that the operation constitutes a prelude to a regime of belligerent occupation: everything depends on whether or not the contested area is solidly seized by the invader and the sovereign is actually displaced. As a rule, belligerent occupation ‘is invasion plus taking firm possession of enemy territory for the purpose of holding it’."
*Dinstein, Yoram. The International Law of Belligerent Occupation (p. 38). Cambridge University Press. Kindle Edition.
Visepresident i Høyesterett (HCJ) sa følgende:
«The Supreme Court of Israel has consistently diagnosed the status of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip as territories subject to the application of the law of belligerent occupation.»

Brukeravatar
lima

Legg inn av lima »

Aicat
Hvem kan ta MIFF seriøst etter alle tøvete innspill fra den kanten. Når det gjelder statskanalen NRK, har MIFF i alle år fantasert om NRKs ensidighet og uduglighet. De mener vel at de er en motvekt mot NRK, Men MIFF er kun et talerør for Israelsk propaganda. De støtter en kolonimakt som i hundre år har undertrykket og ført krig mot palestinerne.
MVH lima

Sisyfos

Legg inn av Sisyfos »

aicat skrev: fre okt 21, 2022 5:21 pm Er Gaza fortsatt okkupert av Israel?
Jeg har heller ikke registrert at FN har endret syn på spørsmålet siden dette utsagnet:

UN: We still consider Gaza "occupied"

Utskrift:

Question: Yesterday at the stakeout, Valerie Amos referred to, answering to a question about whether Gaza was occupied or not, she referred to a Palestinian occupied territory, meaning the West Bank and Gaza, implying that Gaza is not occupied. So I wanted to know, where does the UN stand on this question? Is Gaza occupied or not, according to the UN?

Spokesperson: Under resolutions adopted by both the Security Council and the General Assembly on the Middle East peace process, the Gaza Strip continues to be regarded as part of the Occupied Palestinian Territory. The United Nations will accordingly continue to refer to the Gaza Strip as part of the Occupied Palestinian Territory until such time as either the General Assembly or the Security Council take a different view.

Question: Can I follow up on that? It is the legal definition of occupation and why is Gaza considered occupied?

Spokesperson: Well, as I have just said, there are Security Council and General Assembly resolutions that cover this. For example, there was a Security Council resolution adopted on 8 January 2009 — 1860 — and that stressed that the Gaza Strip constitutes an integral part of the territory occupied in 1967. And as you know, Security Council resolutions do have force in international law.

Furthermore, there is a resolution from the General Assembly from 20 December 2010, and while it noted the Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip and parts of the northern West Bank, it also stressed, in quotes, “the need for respect and preservation of the territorial unity, contiguity and integrity of all of the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem”. So just to repeat that the United Nations will continue to refer to the Gaza Strip as part of the Occupied Palestinian Territory until either the General Assembly or the Security Council take a different view on the matter.

Svar